Criminal Charges Are Serious. Don’t Delay, Contact A Former Judge Today.
Serving Guilford County, North Carolina.
If you are facing criminal charges in Greensboro, High Point, and all of Guilford County, North Carolina, you should consult with an experienced criminal defense lawyer immediately. The sooner you get an attorney involved, the more options you have at achieving favorable outcome. The consequences of a criminal conviction could result in jail time, hefty fines, and a mark on your record, which could possibly affect your future.
At the Law Office of David E. Sherrill, we are committed to lessening the burden of a criminal charge. We know you can feel overwhelmed with questions about your options and what to do next. We will discuss your criminal charges and the specific facts of your case. We will also explain your options and help develop an effective defense strategy. Contact our law firm today and let us be your dedicated criminal case advocate against the charges you face.
Mounting an Aggressive Criminal Defense Strategy
As an attorney and former judge, David Sherrill has extensive experience handling criminal cases and uses that unique perspective to help you navigate through your criminal case. He handles all phases of criminal proceedings for individuals charged with misdemeanor and felony offenses, such as:
- Misdemeanor and Felony charges – Whether you are charged with a misdemeanor or a more serious felony charge, make sure you get help as soon as possible. Criminal charges can have a devastating impact on your life. Your criminal record can follow you for life and can impact getting a job and more. We take immediate action to address the charges against you. We will guide you through the process to minimize any negative effects to you and your life.
- DUI/DWI charges – We investigate allegations of drunk or impaired driving to determine if law enforcement made any errors or violated an individuals’ rights. If law enforcement failed to follow the laws or failed to make a lawful traffic stop, Mr. Sherrill will fight for a dismissal or a reduction of the charges. He is an experienced negotiator prepared to seek reduced penalties, if the charges cannot be dismissed.
- Marijuana possession and other Drug offenses – Our law firm defends clients accused of drug possession, intent to sell, distribution of prescription drugs, marijuana cultivation, drug trafficking, and manufacturing of methamphetamines. Mr. Sherrill will fight for reduced penalties and dismissals if the charges do not fit the alleged crime. With the prevalence of drug addiction in our community, he also consults therapists and physiologists in an effort to help clients get less jail time in exchange for a drug rehabilitation program.
- Assault charges – Attorney Sherrill vigorously defends clients accused of assault and battery, aggravated assault, domestic violence and child abuse. He takes immediate action through evaluating any evidence obtained against clients, while conducting his own investigation through interviewing key witnesses. Mr. Sherrill is prepared to defend you against embellished statements or show you acted out of self-defense.
- Larceny and Theft charges – We handle all types of theft and robbery cases from shoplifting to armed burglary. We are committed to helping first-time offenders maintain a clean record in exchange for restitution or participation in diversionary programs. Attorney Sherrill is a skilled negotiator prepared to seek a reduced charges and sentences for repeat offenders.
- Bond Hearings – Early involvement in a case can have a huge impact on how long you may have to be in jail prior to trial. If arrested, you will be brought before the court for a First Appearance hearing to determine if you will remain in jail and what your Bond or other conditions of pre-trial release will be. If your Bond was already set at First Appearance, you still may be able to present evidence at a Bond Review hearing to show the court why the Bond is too high or that other conditions of pre-trial release would be more appropriate. An experienced attorney can present your situation to the Court to show why you should not remain in jail pending trial. Having handled thousands of First Appearance and Bond hearings as an attorney and former judge, Mr. Sherrill knows what information needs to be presented and will work with the district attorney’s office or present evidence to the court to reduce the amount of time you might have to remain in jail.
- Probation Violations – After a criminal conviction that results in a probationary sentence, a person is under a lot of scrutiny and is required to follow many court-ordered requirements. If the probation officer believes the person is not complying with the requirements of probation, the person could have probation violation charges brought against them, which could result in extended probation or even jail time. We work with you, the probation officers and the court to avoid probation violations that could lead to negative results.
Contact Us Today to meet with a criminal defense lawyer focused on preserving justice. At the Law Office of David E. Sherrill, we offer convenient appointments by telephone or at our office. We are within walking distance of the Guilford County Courthouse in Greensboro.