Traffic Violations

Can A Guilford County Speeding Ticket Be Dismissed Or Reduced?

Yes, there are several ways to dispose of a Speeding Ticket in Guilford County, North Carolina (including Greensboro, NC and High Point, NC).  Depending on the speed charged on the traffic ticket, and depending on the driving record, an attorney can negotiate with the district attorney’s office to obtain a dismissal, reduction of the speed, [...]


What Is A Prayer For Judgment?

A Prayer for Judgment (PJC) is more formally called “Prayer for Judgment Continued.”  Depending on several factors, when a defendant pleads guilty, or is found guilty, the judge may decide not to enter a final judgment.  Sounds great, right? Well, it’s not that simple.  The court is not allowed to grant a PJC for certain [...]


What Should I Do If I Missed Court?

Failing to appear in court can have serious consequences, including a possible Order for Arrest, a $200.00 fee added on top of any court costs, and a suspension of driving privileges.  An attorney can work with you to resolve the matter; many times avoiding the negative consequences from missing court.  It is important to address [...]


Where Can I Find My Court Date?

North Carolina provides a website where you can find your court date for criminal and traffic cases, which can be accessed here.  However, there are times when your case may not show for different reasons.  Sometimes, the case hasn’t been put in the system, yet, or an officer has not turned in the citation, or [...]

Go to Top